Hello Autumn! Let’s chat about important fall home maintenance tasks. We all know maintaining your home will save you money and headaches - deferred maintenance can be expensive.
Now is the perfect time to prepare your home for the colder months ahead. Let us know if we can help by recommending a contractor or lending you one of our teenagers. Although, we keep them pretty busy around the house
Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
- Clean Gutters and Downspouts
- Clean Dryer Vent
- Schedule a Chimney Sweep
- Get your Gas Fireplace Serviced
- Winterize Faucets and Hoses
- Aerate and Seed your Lawn
- Survey Your Roof for any Damage or Missing Shingles
- Trim Trees and Bushes Especially Near Your Home
- Service your HVAC and Change Filters
- Clean Ceiling Fans and Reverse the Direction
- Clean Fridge Coils
- Clean Windows and Sills
- Caulk and Seal around Doors and Windows
- Check your Fire Extinguisher’s Expiration Date and Replace
- Change Batteries in your Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Mark a few days on your calendar to rake and bag leaves.
Enjoy lots of s'mores!